Wednesday 24 December 2014

Shardwell Series by Amanda Gerry and Christy Hall

I received an ARC today for book #4 in the Shardwell series by Amanda Gerry and Christy Hall and I am very exciting to get back into this series! It is worth waiting for and I highly recommend it to fans of epic fantasy and sci-fi, mythology, and massive world building. It is an extremely ambitious series.


I thoroughly enjoyed this book! At first I thought it seemed was familiar, just with enough differences to keep me hooked. But by the end I realized that it was actually like nothing I have read before.
It starts out as a normal high school paranormal romance. Strange things start happening to beautiful Maggie. Things she can't explain. Then a hot new guy shows up at school. This is when the guy would usually tell her that he can help her understand what's been happening to her. But he doesn't. Kyle is actually as confused as Maggie. After they meet he starts to develop super-human strength and speed. They try to make sense of their new world together, along with Maggie's best friend, Lily...more

_______________

This book was even better than the first, and perhaps even better than anything I have read all year. It is a prequel to Phoenix Angel, and shows what Maggie and Lily's lives were like before, as Margariete and Esilwen, and even explains some of the events referred to at the end of Phoenix Angel. Sadly, Kyle was not in this at all, and there was very little of Carter, but we get to learn a great deal more about Carter, as well as Raeylan and Feralblade. And what we learned was fascinating. There are so many character revelations in this books, it continually surprised me. I had so many misconceptions before starting it, and I loved the way Amanda Gerry and Christy Hall laid it out...more 

_______________

This book was just as amazing and epic as Guardian of Time, but so different! This is set 400 years after the events of Guardian of Time. It may have just been too long since I read it, but I don't remember it being mentioned that Margariete and Raeylan had such long lifespans. They spent the last 400 years searching for Esilwen, traveling the shards, many of which had advanced technology. So when we meet Margariete and Raeylan again, they are already somewhat familiar with technology and aren't completely out of their depths. And we also meet Kyleren again. I missed Kyle in Guardian of Time, and was glad to see that this book was his story...more



This series is ever expanding, and each book is set years and worlds apart. Shardwell is a planned 7-book series. The books have come out in fairly quick succession so far, so I would not worry about starting a long series and having to wait before the next book is released. Take the plunge! I don't know what to expect from The Mystic, but I will make sure to let you know once I have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...