Thursday 18 September 2014

Heaven by Jet Mykles (Heaven Sent #1)

Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Novella
Publication Date: May 30th 2006
POV: Male - Third-person, Past tense
Smut-O-Meter: 8 out of 10
My Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

The Weiss Strande Hotel is in trouble. Business just isn't what it used to be when Tyler’s father ran the family-owned hotel. On top of business being down, dad's sick with cancer and bills have skyrocketed.

Desperate to save his family interest, Tyler and his best friend sink their hopes and what's left of their money into a new venture: a nightclub at the hotel. It's imperative that the White Room is a success, or else the hotel will go under. Lady Luck seems to be with them, however, because they manage to sign the mega-popular rock group Heaven Sent to play the grand opening.

Already a huge fan of the group, Tyler couldn't be more excited to welcome them to his hotel. He's not at all prepared for the bomb of lust that hits him when he's finally face-to-face with the painfully gorgeous lead singer, Johnnie Heaven. No, it couldn't be lust. Yes, Johnnie's probably the most beautiful person he's ever seen, but Tyler is straight. It must be a misguided form of hero worship that he's feeling.

Tyler finds out that he and Johnnie share an obsession: video games. When Johnnie invites Tyler to his room to play, Tyler jumps at the chance. Who wouldn't snap up the opportunity to spend time with their idol? He and Johnnie have a great time with the games, but Tyler soon discovers that Johnnie's got more in mind. The rock star's aims to introduce Tyler to a whole new level of game play.

_______________

I loved loved loved this! Why was it so good?! I was just looking for a bit of fluff to hold me over till I decided what I really wanted to read. But instead, I ended up wanting this to last forever! I think it deserves more of a 4.5/5.

This was my first 'Gay For You' story, and I think that is really what did it for me. I loved all of Tyler's insecurities, and the fact that he loved Johnnie so much he had to be with him regardless of his gender. It just takes things to a whole new level and I love that. They were both great, but I think I preferred Tyler. Its really hard to say though.

I loved how the only obstacle to their relationship was Tyler coming to terms with his feelings. There were no real fights except regarding Tyler's feelings, no homophobic family to worry about, no issues about Johnnie's lifestyle. Johnnie was even the first to say "I love you", which I hadn't been expecting from a rock star, but Johnnie is no stereotype. I loved hearing him say it and knowing that someone loved Tyler so easily.

Although I was a little surprised since Johnnie had previously said, "F***ing a guy doesn't mean you're gay. It means you're open to so many more types of pleasure, not just the ones that are widely accepted." It led me to believe that he just loved sex so much, he didn't care where he got it from, but he wasn't actually into men. I thought their relationship may surprise them both. But it ended up coming to Johnnie so easily that it left Tyler reeling and confused. I really felt for him and it was really touching. I just wish there had been more! It felt way too short, and I would have loved to see him tell his sister and to witness her support. I know that she would not have judged him at all. I cant wait to read Purgatory!

"I know that's not what you want to hear. I know you probably don't believe me. But its true. I love you. I cant think about anyone but you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...