Monday 7 November 2011

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (The Tiger Saga #1)

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy/Mythology, Adventure, Romance 
My Rating: 5 out of 5

_______________

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.
_______________

Kelsey is an 18 year old girl from Oregon, who, while working at a circus for a summer job, befriends a tiger named Ren. When Ren is bought by a rich man in Indian, Kelsey is asked to accompany them to help transport Ren, due to her close relationship and easy way with him. Once she arrives in India they reveal to her that Ren is actually an Indian Prince who was cursed to live as a tiger for the past 400 years, and that Kelsey is the one that can save him. She then embarks on a great Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider style adventure to break the curse. She will have to complete several tasks and by the end of the book she has completed the first task, so I assume the process will take up the entire series.

This was a really great adventure like I was not expecting. It was a lot of fun. It took me awhile before I started to like Kelsey, although it took no time at all for me to like Ren. Like wow! What a leading man! He was so sweet, and for a while it was great. But then Kelsey started acting like a moron. She is not the first heroine to make a similar decision, thinking the hero needs to consider his options before he can decide what he really wants. But its still frustrating that she cant trust he is smart enough to know what he wants. At least there are several more books for them to sort things out, it still has me somewhat worried for the series. I dont want it to be one of those series that continuously goes out of its way to put barriers between a couple.

I totally love how the setting is so unique for YA and I love India, and Ren is so totally gorgeous, and its such a magical adventure. I cant wait to read the next book and I am very excited that this is going to be made into a movie!

“We looked at each other for a minute, not saying anything, but I could feel the air between us shift. It became thick, sultry, and tangible—like when the air changes right before a storm. I could feel its power envelop me as it brushed across my skin. Even though I couldn’t see it, I knew a storm was coming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...